Monday, October 5, 2009

Ode to Old Nursery- Hello New Nursery!

As previously mentioned in my last post leaving our nursery behind in our last house was one of the most difficult things for me! Especially after I found out we were having another little boy! Let's have a moment of silence for our old nursery....


Ok, Ok- time to move on! After all we gotta live in the present! But oh, what fond memories that old nursery brings back! Though Noah's nursery is quite different than Davis', most of the same elements will be used in both- with a few special things designed just for Baby Noah! We were unable to do beadboard again due to financial constraints, but I'm not sure I would do it over again even if we had the option because well... we've been there done that! So this go around we just used a classic blue color & tried to get creative in other areas!

Here is a view from the door... The baby bedding is still the same bedding we used in Davis' old room! I still really like it and haven't grown tired of it at all. It uses different shades of blue and green with some red stitching in places. I got it from pottery barn at a rock bottom price- I think I paid more for shipping than the actual bumper and spread (if not, it was really close)!

Next we have our seating area in the nursery. The shelf Matt made for our first house guest bedroom and I rediscovered it during our move and thought it might be perfect repainted for our new nursery. Also, the chair, curtains/wagons, lamp & rug were used in the last nursery as well.

We modepodged some scrapbook paper onto some 12x12 canvas and got wooden letters to hang on them for a focal point over the crib.
The dresser below was not only used in the last nursery but also in my bedroom during my teenage years. My grandfather restored it for me and it's perfect for the nursery because the top 3 drawers are just the right size for baby clothes!
We recently found this large picture frame to hang above the dresser. It seems to express my hopes for the boys- I hope in pray that they become the best of buddies and have a bond that pails in comparison to others.This was the first outfit I ever bought for Davis! It has cute wagons on it and I can't wait to see our second born in it as well! So glad it will still be the right season for little Noah to wear it!
My Aunt Lesley and cousin Morgan... also known as Princess Morgan... got us this picture frame at our shower! Each letter is a magnet so you can rearrange the name on the side or stagger it- whatever you choose! We could also add Davis' name if we wanted to but I think we will keep this especially for little Noah!My last item I will show you is my favorite elements of the room that one of my best friends, Peaches, made for us! A super-dooper, oh-so-cute, hand painted 3D canvas that features one of my favor tie chapters in the bible! Isaiah 43:1 is "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine." The following verses go on to describe the intense confidence we can when we are walking hand & hand with our Savior during life's most challenging times. I hope and pray God's word will come alive in Noah's life at an early age and that this scripture will ring true throughout his life both in the good & trying times of life.

Warning Shameless Plug- not encouraged by anyone but myself...
As previously mentioned my best friend Peaches painted this canvas for me! She is so incredibly talented and is starting to sell custom pieces of art for those who are interested! She specializes in making the costumer happy, and creating 3-D works of art. She uses lots of scrapbooking techniques to bring dimension to the piece (in our piece both the Noah and Isaiah are wooden letters-though it's hard to see in my picture). The pieces she has created for her daughter and nieces are so adorable because with a little girl you can go all out with frill and fun! I just knew that I wanted something a little bit more boyish and simple and she nailed my request right on the head! I couldn't love it more! If you are interested in getting your own customized painting I encourage you to contact Peaches (peachzyo@hotmail.com) to discuss different options and pricing (she is very reasonable)! You will love her almost as much as I do- ok, well that might be impossible, but you will love her & her work- I promise! Can't wait to see the little boy who will fill these shoes! Only two more weeks my sweet Noah, two more weeks! Your Daddy and I can't wait to see you face-to-face!

No comments: