Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009....

The weekend before Halloween (while we were still in the hospital with Noah) our local Avenue shopping center hosted a Halloween afternoon! My parents took Davis as a way to treat him to a little bit of fun during all of these life changes!

I had originally found an idea for Davis to be Thomas for Halloween via the Internet. It was a simple, cost effective idea to use a cardboard box over a wagon. My nine month pregnant self gathered our wagon and a few cardboard boxes left over from moving and brought them upstairs to our living room where I would replicate the online picture. I didn't really have an assembly plan, I just thought I would play it by ear. It is at this point that Matt began to question my tactics. He started asking all these questions about how it was going to work, how I was going to do this or that... I didn't have any answers for him- I just wanted to jump into it. If you know my husband, you know this didn't fly over to well. Before I knew it he had determined that the cardboard box approach was never going to work well, plus what if it rained? Being the woodworker that he is- he whipped up the body of Thomas in just a couple nights. From there we spray painted it, taped it off, drew the face and wha-la... Thomas the Train was complete.

Here are a few pictures from Trick or Treating at the Avenues...

This year Halloween fell on a Saturday- the perfect day of the week for this holiday!!!! However, the weather was rainy on and off the day. We had decided to head up to the church located at the front of our neighborhood for there annual Trunk or Treat and maybe hit a few houses on the way back! My parents came over to watch Noah and then we were off for our Trick or Treating fun! Unfortunately, about halfway their it began to rain :( We kept going but only stayed at the church for a short while as Davis was not really relishing all the fun of Halloween! Oh well, maybe next year! He was one cute train conductor this year!
Oh & for good measure here is a picture of little Noah on Halloween just 9 days old... I could just eat him up!!!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

okay, that's really impressive!

Kad and Peaches said...

You guys definitely HAVE to enter this in a costume contest somewhere! I think you can submit a picture...you would win for sure!

Adam McCullough said...

Awesome!! You win my vote for most creative costume, even though it wasn't a costume. It's just that cool to win in a category it's not in and a competition that is totally made up in my head!