Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This cute project Davis made at school! Sadly, these are the only pictures from Thanksgiving '09 that were captured (I guess we were a little bit busy in the kitchen... at least that's my story)! The lack of photos doesn't mean we aren't thankful though! Quite the opposite in fact! I don't know that I've ever felt so blessed! To celebrate this special day both sets of our parents came over and had lunch with us- something that rarely happens, if ever! We should do it again though because it was soooo nice to be able to savor the day with both. In the late afternoon Matt's uncle and his family came over for dessert! Afterwards we went to my grandmother's house to see my mom's side of the family. There was so much food but let me tell you the most popular item to eat up was... Noah! He was passed around like a sack of potatoes but he didn't seem to mind! Davis also received more than his fair share of attention which is pretty spectacular seeing how we are family of 23! All in all, it was a great day.
When asked what Davis was thankful for he commonly said "Mommy, Daddy, & Santa Clause"! Sometimes he would throw in additional family members and my best friend, Rosie! I"m pretty sure the feeling is mutual on everyone's part! We are all so thankful for these young lives who remind us the simplicity of being thankful!



No comments: