Sunday, October 30, 2011

State Fair- The Joys & Sorrows....

Davis went to the fair last year with Gigi & Grandaddy and had a blast!  So he couldn't wait to go back this year when it rolled into town!  My hubby and I are not fair going people but having kids will make you do things you would normally never do (can i get an AMEN?)  ;)

My timid 4 year old isn't scared at all when it comes to riding rides (and FAIR rides, at that- ignorance is bliss my friends)!  It is wonderful to see him be so brave and excited!  We didn't now how Noah would react so when Davis said the first ride he wanted to go on was Nemo- we though it looked like a nice tame ride to start Noah (typically our wild man) out on.  Below is an accurate documentation of his reaction....

Complete Melt Down about 45 seconds into it!  After Nemo, Noah made it clear he was D.O.N.E with rides.  So Davis had A LOT of tickets to blow through all afternoon.  With that being said, I still think Noah had a good time people watching and inhaling drink after drink (it was really warm that Sunday afternoon in September)!  He also liked the animal exhibit but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of that because he was trying to keep him from jumping in the cage with the donkeys- minor details.

I love the look on Noah's face below.  I think he thought people were crazy to be riding such rides!
 Nothing like a blue slushie to provide a great photo op!  I think Davis' favorite ride of the day was this HUGE inflatable shark/slide.  He LOVED it!  We were thinking he might not be able to climb up to the top by himself, or that perhaps he would get scared but we were totally wrong.  In fact, he decided it was worth repeating several times.

Once again, our boys proved to be opposites that day!  However, each is so endearing and I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say.... I had a GREAT day at the Fair!

No comments: