Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Davis and other fun facts...

Though his birthday was almost a month ago- I thought I still needed to share a few things- although this entry might solidify that we are a little bit crazy! The following pictures are from the morning of Davis’ 1st Birthday. Matt and I both entered his room to wake him up (it was a Monday morning so we both had to go to work) and sang Happy Birthday to him! As you can tell from the following pictures I feel quite confident he is already concerned about our mental stability....






The Thursday following his birthday we headed to the doctor for his 12 month check-up. Here are his “stats”...


His head remains large (cute but still large- in fact, Matt is amazed by his neck strength). The doctor was pleased with his progress and stated that Davis’ playful but curious disposition made him a fun patient to exam. And as doc pointed out- our kid can cut some serious teeth. To date he has 10 teeth (including two molars) and is working on new ones everyday! We were faring pretty well through the teething process until the molars came in. Poor buddy, just isn’t himself some days. He tends to run a slight fever and is very snuggly during this time period (while I hate that he doesn’t feel good- I LOVE to snuggle with him).

Other things of interest: he isn’t walking by himself yet but seems to making strides (literally) everyday! Every time we practice he gets so giggly and silly that you can’t help but join in laughter. Who knew walking was so much fun? Perhaps we will be posting an entry regarding his first steps in the next few weeks but honestly, we are trying to be patient and not rush the process.

Vocabulary- DaDa, MaMa, oof-oof (translated = “woof, woof”-I kid you not). Please understand that these are not fine tuned and he really only says them when he wants too- so if you try to prompt him just know the success rate is questionable! We still get frequent comments about his wild hair but those seem to be slowing down a little- either it is getting better or people are just getting use to it! People more often comment about his blond coloring than about it sticking up in the back. No, he does not belong to the milk man- I too had very blond hair as a child, and there is a reason his Daddy keeps his own hair short.
Davis' favorite food is stawberries! I think he is going to have a very hard time as fall and winter quickly approach and starwberries go out of season. Hopefully this won't be too traumatic for the little guy! Lastly, I've got to say his favorite toys are really books. He is constantly bringing us a book to read to him. So much so that we are many books memorized and could repeat them in our sleep! However, we will continue to encourage the habit and hope that perhaps he will become a bookworm like his mommy!
Ok, well I do apologize for making this such a long post! I think I could go on and on about this little personality that reveals more and more of himself everyday! We take such delight in Davis and I"m reminded once again of our relationship with our heavenly Father. He takes immesearuable delight in us though we are plagued with imperfection. I love the verse below and every time I read it or hear it- it speaks to me in a different way than before... I hope you enjoy it and soak it in as well...
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." ~Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

No comments: