Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School....

Guess who started 4 year old Preschool today? 
You guessed it....
 Davis did!  He was pretty excited!  I was pretty emotional excited too.. no really it's time for some routine again!  However, I would like to suggest to the school systems that they avoid making the first day of school coincide with the children's birthday weeks- for the mother's sake.  Is that too much to ask?
Its just a double dose of the classic "My child is growing up way to fast" syndrome.  And that can be a pretty serious thing.  Especially if your child admittedly announces that he doesn't want his mother to walk him in on the very first day. Little Stinker....
It wasn't until I happened to tell him that other little boys and girls were being walked in the first day that he "allowed" me to do so too.  For once, peer pressure is my friend but I'm no fool- it won't be for long.
At one point this morning, I found Davis standing in front of Noah strutting his stuff with his chest puffed out, I asked him what he was doing.  He said "showing Noah my handsome first day of school outfit."  He picked out the shirt himself the night before :0)
So he was excited and confident.  He walked into his new teacher's room (who I happen to have fond memories of from my childhood because she worked the preschool I went too ages ago) and never looked back.  He had a pretty good day from what I could tell this afternoon and "can't wait to go back again tomorrow."  What more can i ask for?

And this little one simply enjoyed the murals on the wall- he was especially drawn to the elephant! :) 
He has his first day of Mother's Morning out tomorrow and I'm trying my hardest not to over think that one as well! Fortunately, it is required that I walk him in! :)



Lucky me- I now know to savor it!




No comments: