Thursday, July 15, 2010

Growing Family....

Umm yes, our family has grown! But not that way! It isn't my household that can claim the new addition. My sister got married at the beginning of July & I have a new brother-in-law and my kids have a new uncle! We are so excited and pleased for both Jennifer & Jimmy! Their journey is a testimony to the goodness & faithfulness of God. A reminder that we are not defined by our circumstances and thankfully God always works for the good of those who love him. And so often this "good" is so much more than we could ever imagine.
In two words the wedding was "elegant simplicity." Though my sister is a social butterfly to the core, she and Jimmy decided to only have family attend the wedding. They also decided to get married at the same church my parents and his parents wed in decades ago! And it was just the two of them. No bridesmaids, no groomsmen just the two of them vowing before God to come together and have a Christ-centered marriage. Before the ceremony the beautiful song "Be Thou Near To Me" stirred our hearts and lead me to reflect on how we need God in all seasons of life. He has shown us with great mercy just how much we need His grace & guidance. My sister with tear filled eyes walked down the aisle by herself to the song "To You Be The Glory". Jimmy met her halfway and they approached the alter arm in arm. This was one of my favorite parts of the whole day. Just the two of them. No frills but beauty abounded as God was was given all the Glory for the union we were about to witness. They exchanged beautiful vows that were saturated with sincerity and love. And prior to close of the ceremony the song "How Great is our God" echoed through the church! It was one glorious wedding & I'm honored to have been a witness to the beginning of their life together!
Afterwards we headed to 103 West and celebrated the event with a wonderful sit down lunch, cake, and a few of the Grooms favorite things: cheerwine, krispy cream donuts, and chick-fil-a brownies!
A few pictures from the ceremony...
My mom and my grandmother made these cute book wreaths that adorned each of the chapel doors!
My beautiful sister who is wearing the same veil I wore on my wedding day almost 7 years ago.My new brother-in-law Jimmy! So glad to have an "Uncle Jimmy" for my boys! He is not only a perfect fit for my sister but for our family as a whole.My sister showing her true side....Noah and all his cuteness...Davis and his Gigi...A not so flattering picture of our little family but it's the best one we got from the day! The boys didn't stay for the actual wedding or reception, they just made a short appearance beforehand! We felt like they wouldn't enjoy being there and would have way more fun with their G-Mama & Papa being the loud & crazy boys they are! Plus it would allow us the ability to focus on the event at hand. I think it was a wise choice as we had a great time and so did they! Thanks G-Mama & Papa for helping us all out once again!My grandmother with all of her grandsons. My dad looking all dapper in his bow tie! To say I adore my dad is an understatement.Me & my fabulous mom Pennie! I'm told I'm a mini-Pennie quite frequently. :)The cake... And wedding favors...

1 comment:

Kad and Peaches said...

Seems like it was a beautiful wedding! So happy for your sis and your family! :)