Monday, July 23, 2012

Beach Boys...

Ahh.... from Christmas to the beach!  It's been too long since I last blogged (as my dad and husband like to remind me frequently:).  I plan to write a recap of the months from January- June but today I will focus on our recent trip to the beach!

We recently bought a nice camper (hmmm.... those are words I never thought I would type) and stayed in it at a beautiful national park at the beach.  My parents & grandmother were also down in the same area for most of our trip and we met up with them a few days.  For the past 5 years, going to the beach with kids has been more stressful than relaxing.  But this year, ahh this year, the tide began to shift.  Both boys enjoyed the sand & ocean.  Unlike years past we spent more time at the beach than the pool and had a blast!  Both D & N have been taking swim lessons this summer and have become quite the swimmers (especially Davis and he LOVES it)!  My parents got D a boogie board at the beach and he took to it quite well. 



He got knocked a few good times, but persevered.  I was so proud of his carefree spirit and determination.





My Dad and Davis in their sand chairs enjoying a well deserved smoothie.  Is that not the look of satisfaction on D's face or what? :)  They are two peas in a pod!
Noah didn't boogie board but had a great time kicking and playing in the ocean! 

My sister text me to ask if the sand bothered Noah.  This is what he was doing at that moment.... 

I replied back "Ummm.... No! It doesn't appear to bother him in the least."
I personally love pictures of kids playing in the sand!  I think it reminds me of a simpler life- no electronics- just good old fashion play in the midst of God's creation.



I love these silly faces too.











 
 
We are already looking forward to next year's beach trip!

No comments: